Instagram is not just a social media platform where you post what you eat every day and then use all the hashtags in the world so that people can find your photo. Depending on your business, it can be a great place where you can attract leads.
Why you should use Instagram for business
More and more brands have discovered the potential of Instagram and they’ve started promoting their content on this platform. With well over 200 million users worldwide, it’s definitely a place where you want to be right now.
Instagram will really help you build value around your brand.
Attract leads on Instagram with these simple tips
Generate Leads For Your Business
Add a different link in your bio every time you’re promoting something new. On Instagram, the only place you can put a link is your profile bio. So make sure that when you’re promoting a new article, an offer or any other piece of content, you add your link in there, so that people can easily access it (don’t forget to tell them about clicking the new link).
- Use the 80/20 rule when posting. The 80% should be funny posts, interesting, personal and make sure you include some behind the scenes images from your office. Basically anything that will connect with your followers. The other 20% should be about your business. Keep an eye on how your business posts are engaging with others so you can always have an idea on what works best.
- Use specific hashtags. Instagram is pretty much the place where hashtags where born, so don’t be afraid to use them. In fact, the more you use them, the better. A minimum of 20 hashtags is required in order to get lots of exposure. But before you use them, make sure you first do some hashtag research, so that you will know for sure what hashtags are fit for your business.
- Make your own hashtag. Be creative and come up with a great hashtag that your followers can use. Whether it’s for when they want to ask you something or for a contest entry, it’s nice to have a unique hashtag because you’ll be able to create some buzz around it and make people curious about it.
- Use a call to action. Use the picture, the video you just posted or the description of the image/video to guide your audience to the link that you posted in your bio. That is how people will know what the link is all about and what they should expect when they click on it. Having great calls to action will build your engagement and compound results over time.
- Create contests. Contests on Instagram are great for increasing the interaction between you and your followers. It can also be simple for lots of people to get involved and spread the word about it. Your can pair up your contests with creating your own hashtag, which will make it more popular.
- Engage with the community. Not just with your followers, but with the people that use the same hashtags as you do. Respond to people that comment on your posts, leave them comments as well and like their pictures. You can even start a conversation beginning with the simple question “How can I help you?”.
- Direct message your followers. This is one of the latest features of Instagram. You can send a photo or a video to up to 15 people at a time. Thanking people for following you, sharing your latest post with them (you can also send messages to the people who don’t follow you) or just asking for their contact details are good tactics you can use. You can also like & comment from your home computer too!
No Smartphone? How To Use Instagram On PC
How To Use Instagram On PC: Not everyone has a smart phone and some that do may be maxed out waiting for the next upgrade but don’t let that stop you. There are a few options you can use that aren’t widely talked about or suggested by Instagram:
- Bluestacks App Player – For Windows and Mac, Bluestacks is basically a Android Emulator. So you can download apps available for Android for use on your computer. All you need to do is go here to Bluestacks and download. Then search for Instagram through Bluestacks, download and get started. You will see all of the Instagram features are available to you but some things will just be a little funny (maybe a little more difficult than on a phone). Overall this is a great solution to use if you don’t have an available smart phone.
- InstaPic – It’s a free application for Windows (no word yet on a new Windows 10 version) that lets you access or create a new Instagram account. You can access and use most of the features for Instagram but has a few drawbacks but hey, it’s free. You can find it in the Windows Store or take a look here: InstaPic
Sales From Instagram?
Having your site optimized for sales or even having a e-commerce site will greatly enhance your lead efforts. Using Instagram to generate leads is only part of the strategy you should be employing to ultimately create and grow sales for every type of marketer including affiliates:
- Remember the general rules of Social Media, #1 Be part of the conversation, #It’s a party of thoughts and engagement not a sales conference, #3 Build relationships by connecting and engaging with others.
- Build your list with your social efforts on Instagram, share unique, interesting and useful information followers can only get from you.
- Instagram is primarily image driven so using video & behind the scenes pictures of yourself in different aspects of your business.
- More content you share that is unique will attract a great number of leads into your business. Focus on leading your Instagram targets into the desired result of your business i.e. “the end result you & your business provides to customers”.
- If your business is similar to mine, you lack physical products and or reside in an area that doesn’t lend well to many picturesque spots. Consider hiring someone to create a portfolio for you with various pictures of you behind the scenes and your product images for you to share. Place some of the same images you share on your site to keep your Brand awareness. One big help in this is to also get pictures of yourself with “clear” backgrounds, (these images can be placed onto other images, and this is great for marketing).
Start growing your online business
If you want to use Instagram for business (and I suggest you use it) and attract leads, then apply these easy tips I just presented. You will start seeing results in no time if you put a little bit of effort into building a strong, engaged audience.
If the online business is still something you struggle with, there’s no need to worry. You can work with me and I will help you get the results you want. This is my main goal: To help people attract leads and build a valuable brand.
Contact me today so you can start seeing results for your online business.
Need more traffic & leads? Generate 500 leads or more in 60 days with my action guide for free.
How To Use Instagram For Leads – GlennTGuillory.com