How to Make Money Blogging Like A Rock Star?
If you want to earn with your blog then it must be the central hub of everything you do online and offline. Your blog is that important to the success of your business. This is how you can grow your audience to new heights with these easy to use tips.
How To Make Money Blogging
Where To Concentrate, Free or Paid:
Admittedly I am not the biggest fan of free methods, trying “appease” Google will make most new Bloggers heads spin. I primarily use paid methods but I’m always looking to learn new skills so I can put to use S.E.O. and other low cost methods. Why? Well because I have customers, a growing audience and want more. Learning free and paid methods together simply pays off in the long term, ask any successful blogger and they will tell you the same. You need to learn all that you can about your craft and S.E.O. is a required part of the skills you need. So let’s dive into the Tips!
Make Money Blogging
Content Is Only King If It’s Great:
Make Money Blogging – King Content
How to make money blogging and what can you do to make your content great ? Well it’s not easy until it’s a habit but great content passes the “I’m not bored with this” test for your readers. Think about it, does your Headline get attention? Can you grab new readers attention with eye catching visuals, engaging videos and a easy flow writing style? Dust off your Crown and utilize some of these ingredients;
- Headlines To Grab Your Readers Attention! Keep your Headlines short but sweet, related and matching. The best Headlines will grab the readers attention to register, “okay you got me for a few more seconds”. The best thing to know is that your Headline can grab a readers attention but what follows needs to do the same. Here’s an example, “10 Tips To Make Money From Your Blog Today!” “How To Write Attention Grabbing Content In 3 Easy Steps!” Readers love lists, numbers & don’t like to be confused by headlines that don’t fit the content that follows it.
- Meta Descriptions, if you’re using a free platform most often the Meta-Title & Description are derived from your heading. So you want a good and concise description of what the content is right in the heading. This is important not only for S.E.O. but when your Posts or Article show up in other searches you want to have a good Description in the heading. Otherwise not having a meta description will leave your posts way in the back of the line! On Self Hosted sites the Meta-Title & Description areas are usually located directly below the content box when your creating & editing, (use Yoast SEO plugin if you don’t see a spot for meta description) be sure to fill in all the blocks before hitting “publish”.
- Adding images & video will make your content more appealing! What are great images? Your images should be related to your content but should also evoke a response like, “Eewww”, “Cute”, “Funny”, “Cool”, “Laughter”, “Happy” and most of all “wow, where can I get that!”. Images that create a internal response or a emotional aspect help to make your content a “hit”. You want hits and not duds, let me put it this way….”Who would you rather listen to on any given day..1) A dreary professor or 2) A teacher that makes learning fun?” Give value and keep it interesting. Some of the coolest images you can use are on Flickr. Pick the ones that give you a particular feeling (use creative commons). Make a note that you will get the best response from images that convey happiness vs images that convey sadness or anger (unless that’s what your after). One of my favorite image creating tools is Canva.com, there are just so many things you can do with Canva for your business!
Add Your Rock Star Elements, Niche Marketing:
Add Your Rock Star Elements, Niche Marketing
Your Niche or Market is constantly on the search for value, the stuff they want. For example; “How to lose weight quickly”, “great diet with little exercise”, “developing the best golf swing”, “top 10 ideas for online income”, “the best super foods to eat”, “making income as a affiliate”, “how you start dating the hot people”, etc. Where ever you fit into your chosen Niche, you must attack some of the common keywords and keyword phrases. Continue to use these same keywords through out every post, but do this for your audience and not the search engines! Don’t let S.E.O. dictate to you what’s popular, let your audience do that. One of the best examples is Pat Flynn, his primary keyword phrase “Smart Passive Income” didn’t exist until he built the audience for it. Go ahead and Google Search “Smart Passive Income”, Pat Flynn is there multiple times on the first and subsequent pages! His primary keyword wasn’t even a searchable traffic keyword until he built his audience around it! Now you would have to pay and arm or leg to outrank him for it or spit out ba-jillions (hey it’s not a word but you get the point), of content targeting what is basically his keyword phrase!
Blogging Like A Rock Star – Do Some Research
Target primary keywords (about 4 that are searched and have traffic that’s 5K to 50K per month as a start) that aren’t the most popular but have decent amount of people searching. I recommend using U.S. search numbers to start with. These are your “Hub” keywords, now also add some related keyword phrases of your primary ones, these are like satellites to your primary keywords. These targeted keywords will help you build up an audience, but always provide great value with your content by helping them solve the biggest problems or pains in your Niche.
- Always ask yourself before hitting publish, “did I just provide great value”? What’s the answer, “Yes it’s pretty good!”, “Maybe”, “Meh”, “Blech”? Don’t rewrite the whole thing, read it and then revise! An old writer’s saying goes something like this, “write like your drunk and edit like your sober”. Think that’s a Hemingway quote. Direct your writing as if you are talking directly to the reader, get them involved by asking questions and providing them with value. Great value beats “fluff” all the time! Read your post out loud just to make sure it makes sense and sounds good, use a friend as a sounding board if it helps.
- Use the greatest source EVER to assist you! Whenever you get stuck and need some fresh ideas to write about, this is what I do – First I think about, “what do I know now that I wished I knew before about my Niche?”. Second if I want to know about a new subject or want some good research for an idea I search YouTube for “how to ___ fill in the blank”. Third and last I search other blogs in my own Niche for more ideas! That alone should keep you swimming in great content! Remember not to copy but do it better, have the latest info, add a video, case studies or something to deliver greater content for the audience you want.
Make More With Your Site:
How do you actually earn an income with all of this? There exist many different approaches that work to generate a desired income from your site:
- List Building is one of the most popular to build your online business assets. When done right every targeted lead added will represent $1 per lead each month.
- Once you are already established with a growing number of readers hungry for your content having on site advertising is another good income producer for sites.
- Site products can be a great income stream to offer your readers on a variety or needs based on your audience. Having your own products and offering them on your site cuts out the middle man by giving your readers better engagement with you, these can be ebooks, audio recordings, apps, software, physical products and only limited by your imagination.
Rockstar Blogging – Create Your Masterpiece
Above all it is the consistency of doing all these things together that will ultimately build your great audience of eager readers. Now just when you thought that was it I’ve got some Secret Sauce to give you! Just by adding these 3 elements, you will start getting somewhere from day one (well almost but this will be one of your most rewarding habits, promise!). For every post, page, article or promotion, all the way to the emails you send out. Include these 3 elements:
- Reach – Is the content reaching your targeted audience where they are? The two primary ways to define your audience & reach is to 1st identify who it is you want to work with. Ask yourself, “who is my ideal customer?” Include their age, outlook, gender and where they like to spend their time. Give this person a name, this will be your avatar or “best customer”. Next start looking at your competitors pages (Social & Blog Sites), look at what they’re doing and try to identify something you can also do with vast improvement.
- Engagement – Did you include a great Call To Action? “Click Here”, “Comment Below”, ask your audience to do something. You will struggle much longer without engaging your audience. Always have an “actionable step”, ask, question, encourage & create something for your readers & listeners to do. Remember what Mom said, “if you never ask, you won’t get anything”. Every piece of content you create should have some form of actionable step for your audience. Avoid multiple actionable steps in one single piece of content and don’t create “blindness” by using the same action over and over, switch it up.
- Conversion – Did you include a method to get leads onto one of your email lists, display a product to buy, or include a sign up for your Webinar, etc.? The actions that your leads complete are counted as conversions, it’s not just about a sale. Know and analyze your numbers each and every day to know where the actions are coming from and which ones perform better than others. *Note: Affiliates may find this difficult to do when you have little to zero control over your Affiliate Company’s pages. You can alleviate this by having your own products and pages to utilize your affiliate offer as an upsell after your own landing pages or within your follow up sequence in your list emails.
Need more traffic & leads? If attracting leads is a problem you’re confronting with right now, getting more traffic, or generating leads, you can contact me, so I can help you in the development of your online business. Generate 500 leads or more in 60 days with my action guide for free. Your path towards success can start with me.
Until the next,
Your Friend Glenn
How To Make Money Blogging Like A Rock Star – glenntguillory.com